Five Takeways From The Film
1. We can all challenge abuses of power, in our own creative, non-violent ways.
We want to generate a movement where people choose to start #TicklingGiants. It could be a bully in a classroom, a boss who takes advantage, or a president who has gone too far. When you see someone abusing power, do something and share it with the hashtag #TicklingGiants
2. Free speech is under attack and we must defend it.
Journalists, comedians, and artists around the world are facing increasing criticism and in some cases, censorship. We must fight for the right to free speech and advocate for others who do not have the freedom to speak out.
3. The Muslim community worldwide, including in Arab countries, is under attack.
Support movements that welcome and engage Muslims. Let Muslims in your community know that you are an ally. Tell your government representatives that you believe in equality for all people, regardless of religion, and let them know that you celebrate diversity in your community.
4. Creativity and humor can make difficult issues easier to discuss.
Encourage art, music, comedy, and other creative ways of challenging power. Draw a picture. Sing a song. Art may help you express yourself, and sharing it may also help someone around you. Instigate an art explosion that reflects the challenges of our time.
5. The people of Egypt are not currently able to live freely, but there is still hope for a better future.
Change takes time. Instead of accepting the injustices in Egypt, discuss the Arab Spring with those you know and keep the ideals of free expression alive. Encourage people that may not already know about the Arab Spring to learn about and discuss the challenges facing Egyptians right now.